If you are struggling to get a good night’s sleep and thinking about buying a new bed, an adjustable bed could be a perfect choice. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology to ensure you always find a comfortable sleeping position, they are a lifestyle investment with many health benefits and, thanks to advances in manufacturing processes they are more aesthetically pleasing than ever before.
Adjustable beds, also known as electric beds, are revolutionising the way we sleep today. While once reserved for hospitals and residential care homes, they now fall within the luxury home furnishings sector, and once you have slept in one, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it.
In this guide, we’ll help you determine if an adjustable bed is right for you while outlining the many health and wellbeing benefits that come with this type of bed.
What Are Adjustable Beds?
Powered with whisper-silent electric motors that raise and lower parts of the bed to offer customised comfort, adjustable beds adapt to help you find the perfect sleeping posture. Supplied in two parts, just like regular beds, they feature an electrically powered bed frame and a sectioned mattress that bends as you adjust the base to offer multiple sleeping positions.
Controlled via a handheld remote, adjustable beds are easy to operate and suitable for all ages and physical abilities. With a touch of a button, you can elevate the head of the bed to watch TV, raise the foot of the bed to relieve aches and pains or make minor adjustments to both ends of the bed to ensure a peaceful night’s sleep.
How Can An Adjustable Bed Help Me?
Adjustable beds have always been popular with the elderly and those with limited mobility, but you do not have to be old or infirm to use one, they are suitable for people of all ages. If your bed is not providing you with the level of comfort and support that you need, it could be the right choice for you. Here are just a few ways how an electric bed can help you:
1. If you struggle with back pain, sciatica, or arthritis, an electric bed will help soothe your aches and pains, while making it easier to get out of bed in the morning.
2. If you stand on your feet all day at work and suffer from swollen ankles, an adjustable bed can ease your symptoms by raising your legs at night.
3. If you, or your beloved, has a snoring problem, an adjustable bed will help you both get a good night’s sleep. Snoring occurs when the airways become partially blocked and vibrate. By elevating the head of the bed slightly, you can keep your airways wide open and stop snoring for good.
4. Adjustable beds enable partners with different sleeping positions to share the same bed. You’ll each have a remote control to adjust your side.
5. If in your senior years, getting out of bed becomes difficult due to muscle weakness, hip pain, or a general unsteadiness on your feet, an electric bed will help you retain independence at home – without the need of a caregiver.
6. Adjustable beds are not just for sleeping; they provide a comfortable platform for relaxing, reading books, and watching TV at the weekends.
What Are The Benefits Of An Electric Bed?
The advantages of adjustable beds are endless; if you are not getting the sleep that you need to live a full and happy life, buying one could be the best investment you ever make. They are available in all sizes, from single through to Super King to suit every bedroom, and you can customise them with massage technology to soothe everyday aches and pains.
Remote controlled adjustable beds not only offer the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had, but they come with a long list of health benefits. Here we list a few:
Relieves Back Pain: One in three of us suffer from back pain in the UK, with painful conditions such as sciatica negatively impacting our sleeping patterns. With an adjustable electric bed, you can adjust your mattress to support the natural ‘s’ shape of your spine, relieve pressure on the lower lumbar area, and considerably reduce back pain at night.
Improves Circulation: Elevating the legs increases blood and oxygen flow and supports the circulatory system to reduce swelling, oedema, and lymphedema. With an adjustable bed, you can raise your feet at the touch of a button to improve poor circulation.
Eases Breathing-Related Problems: If you suffer from sleep apnoea, asthma, or snoring, an adjustable bed will help you sleep a little sweeter. Elevating your head will keep your airways open, relieve sinus pressure, and allow oxygen to flow more freely and, as such, you are less likely to snore, have an asthma attack, or experience the frightening symptoms of sleep apnoea.
Increases Independence: One of the key benefits of an adjustable bed is that it gives independence to those who may need a little extra help getting out of bed in the morning. They are ideal for couples who like to sleep in different positions, but who want to share the same bed, and they are a smart investment for those who want to grow old in the home they love.
Guarantees A Good Night’s Sleep: Electric adjustable beds not only improve sleeping posture by gently contouring the body, but they relieve pressure points on the head, shoulders, hips, and heels to ensure you get a restful night’s sleep. In the right position, an adjustable bed can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep for longer, so you’ll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day ahead.
Discover a whole new world of convenience with an adjustable electric bed – it’s something dreams are made of.